Monday morning, I left my house wearing a jacket. Silly as it is, this caused me great pain, because I am a summer girl first and forever. I hate socks, love sandals, hate comforters, love sleeping with the windows open. I don’t like knowing that for the next six months I will be a little cold, all the time. No matter how many layers I wear or how high I crank the heat, there will be chill under my skin that won’t go away until the beginnings of spring.
Don’t get me wrong. I love some things about fall. I like the colors, I like the food, I like apple picking and I like hot chocolate. I like sitting by fires (because I am frequently in situations where there is a fire and a chair or a rock by it). But I can’t get over a certain seasonal malaise that settles over me when the first leaves begin to turn. I miss heat so thick it’s like a blanket anyway. I miss the endless daylight.
So, to cheer myself up, I’ve made myself a list of stuff to get me through the colder months.
1. Memory Lane corduroy pants – $42.99, Ruche
2. Flight of the Concorde Jacket – $84.99, Modcloth
3. Woodford Reserve Bourbon – $35 – $40
4. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook – $20.75, preview
5. A basket of apples that presumably we Adelpheans will pick together
6. Olive in Favor cardigan – $49.99, Modcloth
7. Beara ankle boots – $697.00, Bally
8. Industrial Evolution boots – $275.99, J Shoes
Also, money. Money would definitely cheer me up.